My thoughts on this year's party
- I love how the party has evolved into a mini beer festival. What a great way to taste a wide variety of hand-crafted beers, ciders and meads.
- The draft systems are getting more elaborate and unique. Hmmm. Maybe we should start awarding a prize for the most innovative mobile bar?
- Home brewers are expanding their horizons. I tasted some stellar sours and the cask-conditioned cider dispensed from the small barrel it was aged in was extraordinary.
- I think home brewers are happiest when they are sharing their creations with others.
- It’s amazing how much fun you can have tossing metal washers into a wooden box and bags of beans through holes in a slanted piece of plywood.
- Mark and his crew continue to impress by finding innovative ways to cook with beer.
- We are fortunate to live in an area where we can responsibly enjoy alcoholic beverages in such beautiful outdoor venues.
- Jimmie Stagger and his band mates are extraordinary talents. Those guys were smoking!
|Best of Show winner - Ross Ziegenthaler|
|Ross won with an ESB, soon to be on-tap at Hopcat|
|Highly collectible items|
|Corny kegs abound|
|It ain't kicked yet!|
|The mead table|
|Cask-aged cider on the right|
|The line for dinner|
|The big reveal|
|Jimmie and Co. laying it down|