|Great Lakes Blackout Stout,|
$3.29/12oz (4-btl limit)
In a development that shocked no one, a total of zero Siciliano’s customers camped in tents outside the store last night in an effort to get the jump on competing shoppers. This despite the fact that for the first time ever, the boss has decided to recognize Black Friday by putting select merchandise on sale—specifically, our homebrew and winemaking equipment kits (read the full details here).
In other news, we’re hoping that you all ate your fill of delicious turkey on Thanksgiving, but that you also have room today and all weekend to pile on (responsibly of course) some tasty new brews. Considering this week’s list of arrivals, you probably don’t want to start that diet just yet.
New (and Returning) Beer
- Short's Good Human, $1.99/12oz - "This Double Brown Ale, made with Carabrown Malt, was created to showcase one of Briess Malting Company’s new products. Although it was thought to be a onetime brewing event, this beer is now one of our most recent successes. Sweet malty aromas mingle with prominent toasted caramel and toffee flavors. This beer finishes pleasingly dry, with a bouquet of hops that have slight fruity qualities" (source).
- Great Lakes Blackout Stout, $3.29/12oz (4 bottle limit) - "A Russian Imperial Stout with a hearty malt body and bold hop flavor. Named after the infamous "Blackout of 2003" that left the northeastern United States in complete darkness, but resulted in old-fashioned neighborhood porch parties and fun" (source).
- Sixpoint Autumnation, $2.59/12oz - "Our first-ever seasonal can release arrives today, and it is brewed as a true celebration of this special moment in time. We made a trip out to Yakima Valley to the oldest continually operating hop farms in the country, and met with Patrick Smith, a 3rd generation hop grower. We selected and harvested 800 pounds of fresh “wet hops” (source).
- Abita Christmas Ale, $1.69/12oz - "Abita Christmas Ale is a festive dark ale crafted with special care. Each year, Abita changes the secret recipe a bit, making every annual batch unique. Have a sniff of this brew and you’ll quickly notice the holiday spices—nutmeg, clove, ginger, a touch of anise and some citrus notes fill the nose. Look also for a firm malt backbone to support all of these spices. Expect these elements to be less prominent in the flavor profile, with the nutty malts and fresh-baked bread notes taking center stage. A moderate bitterness rounds out the finish. Its nutty and spiced elements will partner nicely with a Cannoli or pumpkin pie dessert" (source).
- Harpoon Winter Warmer, $1.49/12oz - "Harpoon Winter Warmer is a full-bodied rich ale that uses a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to achieve its spirited flavor. Perfect for the holidays!" (source).
- Southern Tier 2x Christmas, $1.99/12oz - "Double spiced ale brewed in the tradition of Swedish Glögg” (source).
Picture of the Week
|Jacob and the Boss at Deer Camp, 2012|
(Photo courtesy Steve Lewis)