As for you hunters already out in the field, fear not, with few exceptions (GL Blackout Stout) this week's new beers will be awaiting your return from the cold and blustery hinterlands surrounding GR. When you finally decide to hang up your camouflage for the day, stop in and see us and we'll fix you up with something tasty.
New (and Returning) Beers
- Bell's Batch 10k, $2.99/12oz - Our distributor found a few cases of "the last of the batch series" in their warehouse. They delivered four of them to us just today. Available only while supplies last.
- Founders Harvest Ale, $2.59/12oz - Like Bell's 10k, our distributor found a couple cases of this rare beer. Like Bell's 10k, it's available only while supplies
- North Peak Black Cherry Porter, $1.99/12oz - "A perfect Michigan Porter, made with a hint of Michigan cherries" (source).
- Anchor Brewing Christmas Ale, $2.39/12oz - "Every year since 1975 the brewers of Anchor Steam® Beer have brewed a distinctive and unique Christmas Ale, which is available from early November to mid-January. The Ale's recipe is different every year—as is the tree on the label—but the intent with which we offer it remains the same: joy and celebration of the newness of life. Since ancient times, trees have symbolized the winter solstice when the earth, with its seasons, appears born anew. Our tree for 2011 is the bristlecone pine. Found high atop California's White Mountains, bristlecones are among the oldest living things on the planet. Some date back nearly 5,000 years, to the dawn of the ancient art of brewing" (source).
- Jolly Pumpkin Autumn Fire, $13.79/12oz - "To catch a bit of soft radiance in each bottle, we wait for fall colors to begin their bright and fleeting glow before brewing this wonderful ale under their autumn fire. Gentle amber malts blend smooth caramel notes, gently lapping against a shore of distant forgotten spice. A beer to sip, contemplate and enjoy" (source).
- Sierra Nevada Ovila Quad, $11.49/12oz - "This full and sultry ale is sure to warm the soul and welcome in the season. This silky ale is rich, mahogany brown in color with a velvety malt aroma, spiked with hints of dried cherry, fig, raisin, and plum notes. A full and creamy body offers layers of flavor including a perfume-like wave of intense dark fruits and caramel-like maltiness. Rich and warming, this complex ale should be shared among friends in the true spirit of the season" (source).
- Avec les bons Vœux de la brasserie Dupont, 11.29/25oz - "This Bons Vœux is coppery blonde, has a very fine hop aroma and tastes bitter, fruity and mild. [Dupont's] selection of yeasts, in combination with a riping process, on a 'dry-hopping' base, creates a complex aroma and taste. A real refermentation in the bottle, which will continue for a long time in your cellar, results in a harmonious and well-balanced beer, full of unexpected and complex aromas" (source).
- B. Nektar Zombie Killer Cherry Cyser, $8.59/500ml - "Apple cider with honey and tart cherry juice. Lightly carbonated" (source).
- Stoudts Revel Hoppy Red Ale, $1.99/12oz - "This full bodied ale has a deep reddish amber color with a thick creamy head. Pungent hop flavors are derived from 3 different varieties of domestically grown hops. This ale finishes on the dry side with a wonderful citrus hop flavor" (source).
- Avery Old Jubilation, $1.79/12oz - "Our winter strong ale has a gorgeous mahogany hue, a hint of hazelnuts, and a finish reminiscent of mocha and toffee. No spices, just a perfect blend of five specialty malts. Cellarable for 2 years" (source).
- Crown Valley Brewing Big Bison Ale, $2.49/12oz - "A rich, malty, full-bodied very complex beer. This beer is deep ruby color. The palate has a malty sweetness with notes of caramel and other complex flavors. A dried fruit characteristic is readily apparent with hints of raisin and plum. The high alcohol content gives a warming sensation and balances the malty sweetness. Large amounts of candy sugar add to complexity" (source).
- Crown Valley Brewing Strawberry Cider, $2.09/12oz - "This cider has a slight golden pink color. This strawberry infused cider is a semi-sweet cider with a wonderful balance of sweetness and acidity" (source).
Great Lakes Blackout Stout, $3.29/12oz - A Russian imperial stout with a hearty malt body and bold hop flavor" (source). Sorry. This one's gone already.
- San Miguel Dark, $1.99/12oz - "A rich dark lager complemented by bold caramel tones, recognized by the distinguished panel of tasters of the world-renowned Monde Selection." This according to San Miguel's six-pack carrier.
Picture of the Week
|Taps at the Hideout|