By Chris Siciliano
Tune in next Friday when we return to regularly scheduled NBF preamble programing. In the meantime, please enjoy the this week's list of new beers, and go Tigers!
Update: Tigers Win!
New and Returning Beers at Siciliano's
- Arbor Buzzsaw, $2.29/12oz - "A big, bold hop-forward west coast style IPA. The malt character is subdued to showcase a blend of Simcoe, Amarillo, and Centennial Hops creating a lingering dry finish with notes of pine, grapefruit, and apricot" (source).
- Dark Horse One Oatmeal Stout, $2.09/12oz - "Number one in a series of five stouts produced for the fall and winter seasons. This beer is full bodied with hints of chocolate, roasted barley, coffee flavors and a nice creamy head" (source).
- Goose Island Pepe Nero, $3.19/12oz - "A black rye saison that combines a roasted/smoky malt character in balance with a pepper spice from the yeast. Finishes dry with a refreshing level of carbonation" (source).
- New Holland Hopivore, $2.39/12oz - "Michigan grown hops are the story in this seasonal harvest ale. Hopivore is wet-hopped with hops added to the brew just hours after harvest, creating rare, fresh flavors" (source).
- New Holland El Mole Ocho, $8.19/22oz - "Our exploration into the flavors of mole, the legendary sauce of central Mexico. Malty aroma and rich, cocoa-laden body laced with an invigorating tinge of dried chilies and coffee" (source).
- Thirsty Dog Barktoberfest, $2.89/12oz - "A traditional old world German Oktoberfest made with German grains, yeast and hops" (source).
- Greenbush Unicorn Killer, $2.19/12oz - "Flavored ale brewed with pumpkin and spices" (source).
- Morte Subite Kriek, $6.49/375ml - "The Kriek Mort Subite is brewed according to the ancestral lambic recipe. This original Belgian beer ferments spontaneously. Enriched with cherries, it matures soft and slowly in oaken casks. To be served cool" (source).
- Morte Subite Framboise, $6.49/375ml - "Pale orangey/pink colour with a semi-hazy appearance; earthy fresh raspberry aromas with notes of cider and rye bread; quite flavourful; a smooth creamy mouthful of earthy/woody malt and sweet raspberries essence with a refreshingly tart acid finish" (source).
- Fullers Honey Dew, $5.09/16.9oz - "Served chilled, Organic Honey Dew offers both refreshment and an unbeatable taste. The real organic honey in the brew gives a gentle sweetness that appeals to a wide range of people, even those who perhaps wouldn’t usually drink beer, making it a very popular choice!" (source).
- Fullers Black Cab Stout, $5.09/16.9oz - "Brewed with a combination of five different malts, some heavily roasted for a near jet black appearance, and beneath its dark exterior features luxurious red berry notes, toasty aromas on the nose and culminates in a dry, bitter finish" (source).
- Big Sky Biere De Noel, $15.79/750ml - "A strong Belgian-style dark ale, brewed in small quantities for the holidays" (source).
- Shorts Curl, $1.99/12oz - "Brewed with 40% more ingredients to bump any ordinary pilsner to an imperial level. We hop the kettle four times, using a good amount of Amarillo hops to balance the malty sweetness from the pilsen malt and lots of flaked maze. At 7.5% ABV and 50 Bittering Units, this beer is still very quaffable and packed full of flavor thanks to the help of our house American lager yeast. This beer was brewed upon the request of every ones favorite beer tender, Jeremy “the curl” VanSice. 50 IBU's" (source).
Picture of the Week
|Old Fitzgerald whiskey |
Griffin Claw Brewing Company in Birmingham, Michigan