|German Wieners from Sobie Meats.|
It doesn't get much better.
The 2013 edition of the annual Beer & Wine Making Customer Appreciation Sale was once again a huge success. The week long sale began with a bang on Monday, continued unabated through Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, picked up steam on Friday and as usual reached a Saturday crescendo during the time Barb was serving up German wieners, sauerkraut and draft root beer to appreciative Siciliano’s shoppers.
We are now focusing on restocking our depleted shelves and turning our attention to what is shaping up to be a busy fall winemaking season. Just a reminder that beginning this Saturday and continuing for the three following Saturdays we will be offering the free use of our cider and winemaking equipment during designated times in the parking lot behind the store.
Call 616-453-9674 for more details or, better yet, just stop in for more information. After all, a list is one thing, but nothing will beat browsing this week's selection of new beers in person.
New and Returning Beers
- Founders Breakfast Stout, $3.59/12oz - "You’ve got to love coffee to truly appreciate this phenomenal brew. Brewed with an abundance of flaked oats, bitter and sweetened imported chocolates, Sumatra and Kona coffee. We’re actually not sure if this is some type of coffee cake or a beer. Either way you can drink this ale with a fork. Breakfast Stout has an intense fresh roasted coffee nose toped with a cinnamon colored frothy head that seems to never fade and makes you wish breakfast could last forever" (source).
- Atwater Cherry Stout, $1.79/12oz - "Cherry Stout is a blend of 6 malts combined with Montmorency Cherry concentrate from our home state of Michigan. A stout to be cherished. Open It!" (source).
- Left Hand Oktoberfest, $2.09/12oz - "This beer is available each autumn in celebration of the great Bavarian festival season. Brewed in late spring and cellared throughout the summer, our Oktoberfest is produced through traditional methods as it has been for centuries in Germany, This copper-hued lager owes its rich malt flavor to a generous combination of select Vienna and Munich malts. Cool, open-fermentation develops a subtle elegance and drinkability suited to any festive occasion" (source).
- Brash Smoglifter Stout, $10.39/22oz - "Don’t wreck a sublime chocolate experience by feeling guilty. Chocolate isn’t like premarital sex. It will not make you pregnant. And it always feels good. Imperial chocolate milk stout brewed with real cocoa, clocking in at 10%abv, and making love to your mouth like a horny sorority girl" (source).
- Brash The Bollocks Imperial IPA, $10.39/22oz - "We love ipa. Especially big hoppy ones. This west coast style imperial India pale ale is not messing around. At 12% abv and 110 ibu’s, it’s the liquid equivalent of Lenny in John Steinbeck’s Of Mice and Men. Gently tending rabbits then suddenly….snap, it’s a whirlwind of crazy. Big citrusy aromatics, solid bitter backbone, and candy-like finish" (source).
- Clown Shoes Genghis Pecan Pie Porter, $9.29/22oz - "Our new Pecan Pie Porter no longer uses extract, but rather brown sugar and pecans roasted by friends at The Gallows in Boston. Buddy Hadry, a rep at Bella Vista in PA, gave me the name for this beer, the second Pecan beer now that he has named" (source).
- Odd Side Mayan Mocha, $2.19/12oz - "Be prepared to be blown away by the combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, dutch chocolate coffee, and habaneros" (source).
- The Great St.-Ambrois Pumpkin Ale, $2.79/12oz - "Brewed with victory malt and has a less pronounced hop profile that allows the spices to come to the fore and contributes to a harmonious, balanced brew" (source).
- Lakefront Pumpkin Lager, $1.49/12oz - "Pumpkin Lager is brewed with pumpkins in the mash, spices added during the boil, and lightly hopped. The rich specialty grains and lager fermentation combine to produce the taste and the texture of pumpkin pie" (source).
- Greenbush Unicorn Killer Pumpkin Ale, $2.19/12oz - "Flavored ale brewed with pumpkin and spices" (source).
- Greenbush Demeter, $1.49/12oz - "Live in the now - that’s is what we always say when we have fresh hops, straight from a local Michigan grower. What a better way to enjoy the summer harvest?" (source).
- Schöfferhofer Hefeweizen, $1.69/12oz - "Schöfferhofer German Wheat Beer Hefeweizen is brewed in Bavarian tradition using wheat malt. The live yeast gives bottle "conditioning" guaranteeing a refreshing fruity flavor. The yeast sediment also leads to the "cloudy" nature of the beer. Care needs to be taken when pouring. Tilt glass and poor slowly. Before pouring last quarter, roll bottle gently back and forward until sediment is dissolved" (source).
- Arcadia Shipwreck Porter, $8.59/12oz (limit 2 bottles/person) - "Aged in in 22 year-old Bourbon Barrels for almost two years" (source).
- Shorts Ale la Reverand, $1.99/12oz (3 bottles per) - "A distinctively dry, light-bodied IPA with an appealing golden hue, thirst-quenching crispness, and laden with pungent hop aromas of citrus and spruce" (source).
Founders "Brewed for Us" | Video of the Week