|Goofing around with Mitten Brewing's Jason Warnes|
The Founders KBS release date for retail outlets like Siciliano's is Monday, April 1. In other words, April Fool's Day. As your favorite retailer of craft beer and just plain decent human beings in general, we promise not to pull any "cute" pranks concerning our supply of your favorite barrel-aged imperial stout. That is, if you contact us by phone or Facebook on Monday, we will not tell you we're sold out when we're not, and we will not tell you we still have some when we don't. We're neither dumb nor cruel enough to toy with your emotions when it comes to KBS.
For the record, this is everything we can tell you right now about our impending KBS delivery: (1a) We know we're getting some (1b) We don't know how much we're getting (2a) The KBS will be here on Monday, April 1st (2b) We don't know what time (3a) Once it arrives, it will not last long (3b) We don't know exactly how long it will last (4a) We do not hold KBS or any rare beers for people who call ahead (4b) We know that's not a perfect policy (4c) It's the fairest policy we can think of (5a) There will be a limit to how many bottles you can purchase, again, for the sake of fairness (5b) We don't yet know what the limit will be (5c) It all depends on how much we get (5d) Please see point (1b) for more information on how much KBS we're getting.
If this exhaustive list somehow failed to answer a question you have about our Founders KBS supply, please don't hesitate to call Siciliano's at 616-453-9674. The store will open at 8 a.m. on Monday. We will post the news to our Facebook page when KBS arrives, providing we have time. In the interim, we suggest you check out these excellent new beers.
New and Returning Beers at Siciliano's
- Bells Oberon, $1.69/12oz - "An American wheat ale made with European ingredients. Belgium wheat malt and Czech Saaz hops provide a spicy, fruity balance to this seasonal ale" (source).
- Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale, $1.99/12oz - "We brewed this especially bitter ale in dedication to all the world’s would-be astronauts, in remembrance of the 2005 St. Patrick’s Day Massacre on the Brewery Party Grounds and also in joyous celebration of our 20-day suspension that following January. Do the crime. Do the time. Get the bragging rights. Cheers!" (source).
- Odd Side Ales Citra Pale Ale, $1.99/12oz - "This light and crisp ale is sure to capture your taste buds. Not quite a pale ale not quite an IPA. This is our flagship beer which is brewed exclusively with citra hops. The aroma is an intoxicating bouquet of grapefruit, tropical fruit, lemon, and pine" (source).
- Sam Adams Longshot, $1.99/12oz - "Samuel Adams is proud to announce that the annual quest for exceptional homebrews has yet again returned a wide spectrum of flavorful beers that continue to impress. Connecticut resident Zack Adams’ Magnificent Seven and California resident James Schirmer’s Beerflower Wheat triumphed over nearly 1,000 competing homebrews to become the 2012 Samuel Adams LongShot American Homebrew Contest winners. In addition to James’ and Zack’s winning brews, Samuel Adams also honors Employee Homebrew Winner Dave Anderson ’s Strawberry Lager. All three winning brews will be bottled and available nationally in the 2013 Samuel Adams LongShot Variety Six-Pack" (source).
- Ommegang Iron Throne, $9.29/750ml - "A blonde ale brewed with robust amounts of pils, honey malt, aroma malts and red wheat" (source).
- Ommegang Gnomegang, $16.99/750ml - "This delectable blonde ale is a co-creation of two famed farmstead breweries: Brewery Ommegang and Brasserie d’Achouffe. It employs five fine malts, two noble hops, and both of the distinctive Chouffe and Ommegang yeasts. You’ll enjoy the smooth drinkability, fruity aromas and flavors, and warming finish" (source).
- Hofbrau Maibock, $1.99/12oz - "By tradition, the first barrel of Maibock is tapped in the Hofbräuhaus in the last week of April, in time for the merry month of May. The success story of Munich’s oldest bock beer goes back as far as 1614. With its powerfully aromatic flavour and its alcoholic content of some 7.2% volume, Hofbräu Maibock marks one of the high points in the beer-lover’s calendar!" (source).
- Ace Honey Cider, $1.99/12oz - "A totally unique alcoholic beverage with a distinctive taste and rich brown color. Ace Apple Honey has a pronounced honey bouquet with a smooth texture and dry finish" (source).
- Fullers Bengal Lancer, $5.09/17oz - "Bengal Lancer is an exciting, classic India Pale Ale from Fuller’s. Brewed to 5% ABV (5.3% in bottle), this ale has been inspired by the history and character of this traditional style of beer. Bengal Lancer has returned to pumps for an extended period between Autumn 2011 and Spring 2012. The beer is pale in colour, full-bodied with a distinctive hoppiness that marks it out as a true India Pale Ale" (source).
- Vicaris Tripel Gueze, $17.89/750ml - "mix of Vicaris Tripel and Boon lambic" (source).
- Victory Swing Session Saison, $1.79/12oz - "It’s a lively jazz rhythm, a vigorous sway, a change of view or even a roll in the proverbial hay. Now it also means the welcome jolt of joy you’ll experience upon your first sip of this session saison. Bracing, but benign, this Belgian style ale enlivens any experience with a spicy, aromatic start, citrus snap and fresh finish. Swing into spring with taste!" (source).
- Heavy Seas Black Cannon, $1.99/12oz - "While the style is an oxymoron, this ale is an variation of our "Loose Cannon" IPA with an obvious dark note" (source).
- Heavy Seas Big Dipa, $6.69/22oz - "Big DIPA – Double IPA, is the first in the Heavy Seas Special Edition Series due to be released in mid June. Hopped 3 times in the brewing process, Big DIPA has an earthy hop aroma. In keeping with the Heavy Seas philosophy we’ve made a big beer with a surprising balance. The best part is that you’ll hardly notice it’s 10.6% ABV (est). The label artwork was created by Kurt Krol, one of our brewers who also helped to develop the recipe" (source).
- Atwater Maibock, $1.79/12oz - "A traditional german helles bock, golden in color and brewed with only the finest imported malt and hops. The distinct malty sweetness is balanced by a pronounced hop finish. Brewed to Welcome the Spring Season" (source).
- Shorts Publican Porter, $2.19/12oz - "Rooted from the original purveyor of integral ale. Beer Type: Imperial London Porter" (source).
- Epic Brainless on Raspberry, $6.69/22oz - "Hints of raspberry bubble gum flavors from the Belgian yeast and fresh raspberries tease the pallet in this Brainless® offering" (source).
- Epic Hopulent IPA, $6.69/22oz - "Hopulent IPA is a big beer with lots of complex malt flavor and excessive hops. This beer will have changes to the grain bill and seasonal hop changes. The character of Hopulent IPA is over the top, too much of everything—a real HOP HEADS DELIGHT!" (source).
KBS Retail Release 2012 | Video
Last year, WZZM 13 stopped by Siciliano's for our KBS release.
Here's the story they did.