Beer rankings are one thing—something we indeed take seriously. But to know that many of our patrons honestly feel as proud as we do of all the accolades, well, that's something special. We could not have a finer clientele, and we want you to know that if this recognition means anything, it's that we intend to double down on our efforts to provide the most enjoyable, the most convenient, and the most informative beer and homebrew shopping experience that we can.
The way we see it, a number one ranking is not the prize for a race well run; it's the point to begin proving to everyone that the ranking is correct. With that in mind, here's the latest beers to arrive on our shelves.
New (and Returning) Beer
- Bells Smitten Golden Rye, $1.69/12oz (one 6-pack/person) - "With wonderfully bitter citrus notes, resinous hop flavors and earthy overtones, this interesting take on the American Pale Ale doesn’t leave a lot of room to wonder if you’ll love it" (source).
- RJ Rockers Fish Paralyzer, $8.99/22oz - "Fish Paralyzer is a Belgian-style pale ale that is moderately hopped with Tradition and Saaz. The grain bill calls for a combination of specialty malt to produce its sweetness and copper color. The Belgian Ale yeast used provides a strong Belgian essence to Phenolic and spicy flavors and aromas" (source).
- RJ Rockers Rock Hopper IPA, $8.99/22oz - "This ninety-minute west coast-style IPA has nine hop additions of Warrior and Amarillo and comes in at a whopping 90 IBUs. A tongue-twisting treat for the hophead in all of us!" (source).
- RJ Rockers Patriot Pale Ale, $2.19/12oz - "Our American pale ale is aggressively hopped with Challenger and Cascade and has a sweet caramel finish. The flavor that launched RJ Rockers – and brewer Mark Johnsen’s personal fave" (source).
- Herrmannsdorfer Schweinsbrau Dunkel, $5.39/17oz - No description available...yet. Please feel free to contribute your own. Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Herrrmannsdorfer Schweinsbrau Gold, $5.39/17oz - "No description available...yet. Please feel free to contribute your own. Email email@example.com!
- Herrmannsdorfer Schweinsbrau Weiss, $5.39/17oz - "No description available...yet. Please feel free to contribute your own. Email firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Harpoon Celtic Red, $1.49/12oz - "
- Breckenridge Pandoras Bock, $1.99/12oz - "This Irish-style ale features a deep amber color, a smooth, malty, and complex flavor with a moderate hop finish. Our tribute to the classic Irish red ales, Hibernian Ale is the perfect beer for all your St. Patrick’s celebrations" (source).
- Sam Adams Alpine Spring, $1.59/12oz - "Samuel Adams Alpine Spring is yet another addition to the brewery’s Small Batch series. For this entry, Sammy & Co used the more traditional labeling. Starting in late October, you’ll see the first of the Small Batch hit the market – Tasman Red, Third Voyage, Griffin’s Bow, The Vixen. (Vixen just won GABF gold.) This unfiltered lager is perfect for spring. Noble Tettnang hops, grown in the foothills of the Alps, give the brew a bright citrus and floral aroma flavor. These are balanced by the slightly sweet crisp notes of two-row pale and honey malts" (source).
- Great Lakes Conways Irish Ale, $1.79/12oz - "A malty beer with a notable toasty flavor derived from lightly roasted malt. Slight fruit and hop accents add to the overall complexity. Available Mid-January to late March" (source).
- Arbor Framboozled, $18.19/750ml (1 bottle/person) - "Framboozled is our Strawberry Blonde aged for 9 months in a gueuze-innoculated oak barrel, re-fermented for a couple of months with real raspberries, and then bottle conditioned" (source).
Picture of the Week