Also, being the start of a new month, our staffers have each selected a "personal pick", a beer they feel personifies the spirit of the season...or doesn't. In typical Siciliano's fashion, there are no hard and fast rules governing the selection process. We choose what we like, we pick what we drink, we drink what we recommend. By the way, we also drink what you recommend. If you all have any suggestions feel free to post them in the comments section below. In fact, please do! Tell us, what's your personal pick of the month? And don't forget to tell us why.
New (and Returning) Beer
- Goose Island Harvest Ale, $1.59/12oz - "Brewed in honor of the Harvest season this copper colored ESB is made with Cascade hops and the richest Midwestern malts. A fruity American hop aroma and a toasty malt character make Goose Island Harvest Ale an extra special beer worthy of your devotion" (source).
- Shiner Holiday Cheer, $1.49/12oz - This "ale brewed with peaches and pecans"is the first winter seasonal. Christmas comes early in Texas apparently.
- Jolly Pumpkin La Parcela No. 1 Pumpkin Ale, $13.79/750ml - This week's lone new beer is "packed with real pumpkins, hints of spice and a gentle kiss of cacao to lighten the soul. An everyday easy way to fill your squashy quotient. Only available for a few short months. Not to be missed" (source).
- Michigan Brewing Company Screamin' Pumpkin, $1.59/12oz - Not a new beer per se, but one that sells out every week. Twenty more cases came in on Thursday. Now let's see how long they last.
Siciliano's Staff Picks - October
- Steve's Pick: Ovila Dubbel, $11.49/750ml - "Clear and deep copper in color, this Abbey Dubbel has a complex and rich malty sweetness with hints of caramelized sugar. The aroma is a heady and layered mix of fruit and spice with hints of clove, raisin, and black pepper from the use of an abbey-style yeast" (source).
- John's Pick: Bardic Wells Clurichaun Bru Clu, $10.39/22oz - Folks will recognize this coffee-flavored, hopped & carbonated mead from last week's NBF. Must have made an impact. To learn more about the Clurichaun series, see the August 12 edition of NBF. Note: our man John actually designed the label on this mead. Nice work, John!
- Greg's Pick: Schell's Firebrick, $1.49/12oz - "A refreshing all-malt lager with an amber-red hue that reflects the feeling of the brewery itself" (source).
- Sarah's Pick: Southern Tier Pumking Imperial Pumpkin Ale, $7.89/22oz - One of the season's most sought-after pumpkin ales. You can read more about it here.
- Doug's Pick: Great Lakes Nosferatu, $3.29/12oz - Another beer from just last week, and a good one at that. A "highly hopped imperial red ale rich with flavor, yet remarkably balanced" (source).
- Kati's Pick: Founders Breakfast Stout, $2.59/12oz - To those who didn't manage to get your hands on an elusive bottle of CBS, a beer like this will go a long way to console you.
Picture of the Week
|Just in the nick of time!|
Customer Brad Shaner snags the last bottle of Founders CBS.
Siciliano's received 36 bottles and they sold out almost immediately,
not warranting inclusion on this week's New Beer Friday.