We are pleased to announce that the 2016 edition of the Siciliano’s Beer & Wine Making Customer Appreciation Sale will begin on Tuesday, September 6, and will continue through the close of business on Sunday, September 11.
Our annual Customer Appreciation Sale is a great time for beer and winemaking enthusiasts to stock up on supplies and upgrade equipment. This year we are offering incredible deals on beginners equipment kits so if anyone has been thinking about taking the plunge into one these life enriching hobbies this would be the ideal time to do so.
Attention Wine Makers: If you plan on stocking up on winemaking kits please email your orders to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Sunday, August 28, and the orders will be put aside for you.
During the week-long sale most equipment, supplies and ingredients will be 15% off the retail price. Items that are already discounted—carboys, 50/55-lb. bags of grain, Blichmann Engineering products—will not be eligible for additional discounts nor will the 15% be combined with other existing discounts (like club discounts). We will honor the discount that is greater. Equipment and supplies on the following list are discounted deeper than 15%:
- BEER EQUIPMENT KIT/GLASS: Regular $105.00, Sale $75.00
- WINEMAKING EQUIPMENT KIT/GLASS: Regular $95.00, Sale $79.00
- BREWERS BEAST EQUIPMENT KIT/GLASS: Regular $135.00, Sale $95.00
- KEGGING SYSTEM/NEW KEG: Regular $289.00, Sale $225.00
- KEGGING SYSTEM/RECONDITIONED KEG: Regular $239.00, Sale $180.00
- ANALOG REFRIGERATION THERMOSTAT: Regular $75.00, Sale $65.00
- DIGITAL REFRIGERATION THERMOSTAT: Regular $115.49, Sale $89.00
- MASH/LAUTER TUN: Regular $125.00, Sale $100.00
- ITALIAN FLOOR CORKER: Regular $142.00, Sale $109.00
- PORTUGUESE FLOOR CORKER: Regular $63.00, Sale $50.00
- CHAMPAGNE FLOOR CORKER: Regular $152.00, Sale $119.00
- MILWAUKEE PH METER: Regular $85.00, Sale $64.00
- BAYOU BURNER: Regular, $127.99, Sale $99.00
- BARLEY CRUSHER, 7LB HOPPER: Regular $169.00, Sale $139.00
- BARLEY CRUSHER, 15LB HOPPER: Regular $189.00, Sale $159.00
- FAST FERMENT CONICAL FERMENTER: Regular $110.00, Sale $89.00
- AERATION SYSTEM: Regular $25.39, Sale $18.00
- MINI JET WINE FILTER: Regular $199.00, Sale $169.00
New and Returning Beer
- Fantome Dark White, $14.39/750ml - "Belgian Ale brewed with spices" (source).
- Fantome Forest Ghost, $19.09/750ml - No commercial description.
- Fantome Chocolat, $14.39/750ml - "A Belgian saison beer brewed with cocoa powder and chili pepper? Ay, caramba! Score another one for the unpredictable brewery that was the first — and so far, the only — to make ales out of dandelions and mushrooms, among other things" (source).
- Fantome Saison, $14.39/750ml - "Fruity, complex saison beer from the Ardennes forest from a tiny farmhouse brewery very hard to find even in Belgium" (source).
- Fantome/AZ Wilderness Desert Ghost, $17.89/750ml - No commercial description.
- Cambridge Working Class Hero, $2.29/12oz - "Barley, wheat, rye and oats combine with hops and citrus peel in this new American saison. Created by men and women who have forged their own paths to craft your beer, here’s a liquid reward for heroic people everywhere who take pride in an honest day’s work" (source).
- Cambridge Flower Child, $2.39/12oz- "Extensively hopped and dryhopped with a big roster of hops – Simcoe, Centennial, Cascade, Ahtanum, Chinook, and Amarillo – it’s big, bright, and floral, with just enough malt to balance. This American-style I.P.A. stands head and shoulders above its hoppy brethren, blending pale and honey malts to balance the palate without interfering in your herbal reverie, and creating a new American classic" (source).
- Cambridge Remain in Light, $2.29/12oz - "American light lagers and Pilsners are easy to drink and refreshing. They are not, however, easy for a craft brewer to make – but we are always up for a challenge. Pilsner malt and flaked rice provide sweet cereal grain notes while German and Czech hops add spiciness and a balanced bitterness to the finish. Cold fermented and aged with a German lager yeast, the palate is clean with a snappy finish" (source).
- Cambridge Tripel Threat, $8.19/22oz - "The tripels are generally the strongest specialty ales made by the Belgian and Dutch Trappist monastic breweries. Pale in color with a very distinct palate, they are painstakingly created as beers to be consumed on holidays and religious festivals" (source).
- Siren Grapefruit 'Ting $8.69/12oz - "Grapefruit ‘Ting aka Pompelmocello is a tart, sour and puckering grapefruit IPA we’re brewing with Grapefruit Juice, Grapefruit Zest, the most grapefruity hop profile we can muster and lactose for a slightly creamy mouthfeel and sweet edge" (source).
- Siren Broken Dreams, $4.49/12oz - "Breakfast stout with a gentle touch of smoke, coffee and chocolate. Broken Dream is deep and complex. She lurks in your imagination. She binds smoke and coffee aromas with chocolate, milk and oats to create something thick, velvety and slick. She will draw you towards a land of flavour, passion and colour" (source).
- Siren Liquid Mistress, $4.49/12oz - "Cask conditioned and keg unpasteurised br A 5.8% west coast bright red ale: burnt raisins and crackers balanced by citrus. Liquid Mistress is our femme fatale – mysterious, seductive and disarming. She draws and charms drinkers with her full, red colours. You will soon desire her biscuit-and-burnt-raisin malt base, and peach and grapefruit spark. Her devious hop hit will steal your breath" (source).
- Northern Natural Ciders Traditional, $2.69/12oz - "Our delicious hard cider is crisp and clean apply flavor. It is as if you are biting into a crisp apple and finishing with a dry white wine" (source).
- Northern Natural Ciders Elderberry, $2.69/12oz - "The juicy, deep purple fruit of local elderberries offers an herbal aroma. The bitter taste from the tannins in the berries is balanced on your palette with our blend of local Heirloom Apple varieties" (source).
- Northern Natural Ciders Cherry Cider, $2.69/12oz - "A pretty rose petal color and light cherry aroma, a moving effervescence on your palate followed with natural cherry and apple fruit flavors. Local Certified Organic Michigan Montmorency tart cherries and a blend of our Local Heirloom Apple varieties" (source).
- Alpine Brewing Duet, $2.59/12oz - "A West Coast IPA Our original single IPA made with Simcoe and Amarillo hops" (source).
- Alpine Brewing Hoppy Birthday, $2.59/12oz - "Truth is, everyone has a birthday. And when you want to celebrate, this Session IPA is a gift to the senses. Made with 6 different hops, this bold brew is refreshing enough to enjoy again and again. Now, make a wish and blow out the candles. But don’t tell anyone, or your wish won’t come true" (source).
- Alpine Brewing Willy Vanilly, $2.59/12oz - "Since “Willy” is so versatile and can be flavored with fruits and essences, we add a touch of vanilla extract to compliment the sweet nuttiness" (source).
- Blackrock Presque, $2.09/12oz can - "A nicely hopped Summer Ale. A beer made for watching sunsets and/or sunrises" (source).
- Brewery Vivant Bon Papa, $3.49/16oz - "Expect a slightly cloudy pour, a rustic farmhouse yeast presence, and a snappy hop character all rolled into one delightfully drinkable beer" (source).
- Greenflash Nugget, $2.19/12oz - "This Single Hopped Pale Ale is built on an English malt base of Golden Promise, 2-Row malted barley, and Caramalt to allow the hop qualities to shine through. Juicy and resonant, Oregon-grown Nugget hops offer subtle fruity qualities that feature prominently in the flavor profile with exceptional notes of peach and pear" (source).
- Sea Dog Apricot, $1.79/12oz - "Sea Dog Apricot Wheat Beer is a crisp and quenching wheat ale with a subtle essence of fresh apricots" (source).
- Sea Dog Raspberry, $1.79/12oz - "A dry, crisp refreshing ale with the added essence of raspberries" (source).
- Stone 20th Anniversary Citracado, $8.99/22oz (1 per) - "For 20 years our passion for brewing and our obsession with hops have challenged traditional styles and expectations for beer. So it’s only fitting we commemorate this momentous occasion by crafting a liquid ode to bold brewing that satisfies your hop thirst and pays homage to our flagship San Diego brewery, located on Citracado Parkway (which itself pays homage to the citrus and avocado agricultural history of the region). “Citracado” also teases the two key ingredients of this beer. “Citra” refers both to the juicy gem of a hop and its citrusy (and tropical) aromas and flavors. “Cado” inspired us to utilize wonderful, native avocado flower honey. Combine the two and the result pours like silk and abounds with enough hops to match our excitement for reaching this 20-year milestone. We thank you sincerely for the years of support and pledge that we will, as always, strive to live up to the reasons for your loyalty!" (source).
- Stone B.A. Oakmeal Stout, $18.99/500ml/18.99 (1 per) - "Who knew a worldwide hop shortage in 2008 would give rise to such a memorable, delicious beer? When it came time to craft a commemorative offering for our 12th anniversary, we decided to trade in the bitterness of hops for the bitterness of unsweetened chocolate, and paired that with flaked oats. Featuring a thick, rich, roasty mouthfeel and chocolate-heavy flavors and aromas, this onyx-colored, malt-forward beauty became an instant classic that shares space on our liquid trophy case alongside our hop-focused fan favorites" (source).
- Ballast Point Dead Ringer, $1.89/12oz - "Our Dead Ringer Oktoberfest lager is inspired by old-style Märzen brews customarily enjoyed during Bavaria’s world-famous beer festival. Thanks to an abundance of toasted malt and a lower hop bitterness, this dark reddish brown lager is loaded with sweet, caramel toffee flavors and aromas. All the taste and celebration of Oktoberfest packed into one bottle; no lederhosen required" (source).
- Victory Selene Saison, $7.99/750ml - "Complex and captivating, this wild-fermented farmhouse-style saison is the celestial sister to our Helios Ale. Notes of chocolate, clove, and banana emerge as rye, oats, and roasted barley blend with herbal and spicy whole flower hops. Delve deep into the delicious darkness of Selene Saison and taste Victory" (source).
- Victory Moonglow, $2.59/12oz - "This richly flavored dark amber wheat beer merges harvest fruit flavors, spicy aromas and a citric appeal for the perfect autumnal elixir" (source).
- Lagunitas Wilco Tango Foxtrot, $4.79/22oz - "A big Ol’ Imperial Brown Ale to help you with your slipperly slide on into springtime. Rich, smooth, dangerous & chocolatey" (source).
- Dogfish Head Punkin Ale, $2.59/12oz - "Punkin' Ale is a full-bodied, spiced brown ale brewed with baked pumpkins, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar. Dogfish Head Punkin' Ale is named after the annual Punkin' Chunkin Festival held near Lewes, Delaware the weekend after Hallowee" (source).
Video of the Week | Brewsader
Brewsaders welcome at Siciliano's Market.