Each year Winexpert releases five super-premium kits from the world’s great wine regions that are not part of the company’s regular portfolio. These kits are available only on a pre-order basis and are released during the first four months of the year.
We are now taking orders for the 2015 Limited Edition offerings. The following are the individual varieties along with the respective pricing and release dates. Complete descriptions are available here.
- Italian Barbera, $153.95 – Available January
- Italian Pinot Grigio Verduzzo, $147.95 – Available January
- Mosaic Red, $153.95 – Available February
- Australian Gewurztraminer Verdelho, $147.95 – Available March
- Australian Fourtitude with grape skins, $178.95 – Available April
Please note that we must receive pre-orders by Sunday, December 6, 2015 either by phone (616-453-9674), email or in person at Siciliano's.
New and Returning Beer
|Artwork by our own John Barecki|
- New Holland Pilgrim's Dole, $4.19/12oz - "A barleywine-style ale made with fifty percent wheat malt, or what we at New Holland call a wheatwine. Pilgrim’s Dole blends warming and slightly sweet flavors with a unique caramelized character" (source).
- Shiner Cheer, $1.69/12oz - "We hope you enjoy your Shiner Cheer, an Old World Dunkelweizen brewed with Texas peaches and roasted pecans. The malty flavors of this dark wheat ale are enhanced through the use of malted barley and wheat. And Kräusening ensures a smoothnessthat makes the subtle peach and pecan flavors all the more satisfying. May your days be merry and bright and your Shiner be cold" (source).
- Goose Island Autumn Ale, $1.69/12oz - "Pouring the color of autumn leaves, our red ale opens with pine aromas, and its spicy hop flavors and dry finish warms with every sip. Brewed with hops from our own Elk Mountain Farms, Goose Autumn Ale is the perfect companion for those looking for a heartier beer to welcome crisp fall weather" (source).
- Deschutes Jebelale, $1.79/12oz - " Warm spiciness and tradition grace this bold winter ale. Intriguing, layered flavors unfold to reveal chicory, dried fruit and toffee notes with a hoppy kick to finish. The deep garnet color pairs perfectly with holiday celebrations" (source).
- Roak Live Wire, $1.79/12oz - "Live Wire is our American IPA. It is a juicy beer with classic hoppy bitterness and a little malt sweetness to round out flavor and finish. Be careful with this one, it is shockingly refreshing" (source).
- Roak Devil Dog, $1.69/12oz - "For this beer, we took two thing we feel strongly about: our beer and our nation's veterans, and came up with Devil Dog Oatmeal Stout, a tribute beer for the WWII K-9 fighting unit. It's full-bodied and hearty stout with notes of coffee, chocolate and toasted oats. Brewed in honor of our nation's finest soldiers — on two feet and four — we give back a portion of the proceeds from all devil dog sales to our local VA hospital in Detroit." (source).
- Roak Kashmir, $2.49/12oz - "Kashmir is our Belgian Strong Dark Ale. It was inspired by the brewing process of the Trappist Monks in Belgium and made with American Ingredients. With its boozy rum-soaked cherry aroma and a lot of the distinctive spiced yeast character that defines a Belgian beer, this is a brew that will take you places" (source).
- Lagunitas Imperial Pils, $4.79/12oz - "A Big n' Juicy Imperial Pilsener, with Floral-Soft Aromas and Fruity Sweet flavors, this High Gravity Lager is like an Iron Fist in a Velvet Glove" (source).
- Short's Mmmkay, $1.99/12oz (2 per) - "MMMKAY is a beer originally produced from the final runnings of Aww Jeah. Since then, its own malt bill has been developed so the good people of Michigan can have access to MMMKAY even when Aww Jeah hasn’t been brewed. The initial fragrances are of bold citrus fruit; guava, orange, and lemon. As the head settles, the aromas shift to fresh evergreen accents. Indicated by the light body and pale yellow appearance, the focus of the beer is on hops, rather than malt. An array of enjoyable American hop flavors shock the palate ranging from slightly fruity to an intense earthy pine. A bold bitterness dominates the finish, enhanced by the clean unobtrusive nature of its lager origin" (source).
- Destihl Lynnbrook, $2.89/12oz (2 per) - "Lynnbrook, named after our founder's family farm, is a wild Berliner-Style Weisse with raspberries added, resulting in a very refreshing beer presenting with fuchsia color and an aroma reminiscent of picking tart red raspberries growing next to an old, abandoned barn, with the raspberry-lemony aroma giving way to hints of brie and barnyard funkiness. The flavor is absent of any hops or bitterness and instead has initial impressions of subtle lemon and yogurt supported by tart, fresh raspberries and underlying lactic sourness. The beer's dry finish helps cut through some sweetness from the fruit" (source).
- Destihl Counter Clockweisse, $2.99/12oz - "This 'reverse engineered', Berliner-Style Weisse Bier is our interpretation of a traditional German-style sour wheat ale that is very pale light-bodied, low hopped, highly attenuated and pleasantly acidic and lemony-tart from our unique, spontaneous wild yeast and lactic fermentation" (source).
- Destihl Weissenheimer, $1.99/12oz - "The aroma and flavor of this classic hefeweizen (or weissbier/wheat beer with yeast) is decidedly fruity with clove, nutmeg-like and even vanilla-like phenolics. Banana-like esters are also present. This beer is made with over 50 percent malted wheat, and hop rates are quite low, with hop flavor and aroma being absent. Hefeweizen is well attenuated and very highly carbonated, yet its relatively high starting gravity and alcohol content make it a medium-full bodied beer. The color is very pale. Because yeast is present, the beer will have yeast flavor and a characteristically fuller mouthfeel and is appropriately very cloudy" (source).
Video of the Week | Pilot Malt House
A great video from our friends at Pilot Malt House. Enjoy!