If you have been in Siciliano's Market over the past few weeks you may have noticed that we have done some rearranging behind the sales counter and we managed to find an additional twenty-four feet of shelf space that can be dedicated to our ever expanding liquor selection.
It certainly didn't take long for liquor buyer John Barecki to fill every inch of that space with a lineup of new and interesting rums, ryes, bourbons, single malt scotches and high end tequilas.
If you're a fan of fine liquors make sure you take a few minutes to check out the new arrangement the next time you're in the store.
|Liquor buyer John Barecki (right) stands with Smiling Matt in front of|
24 newly added feet of shelf space for spirits.
New and Returning Beer
- Founders Mosaic Promise, $1.79/12oz - "Mosaic Promise showcases a single malt—Golden Promise—and a single hop—Mosaic. The traditional barley’s depth of flavor and the versatility of the hops’ bittering, flavor and aroma characteristics are the strong pillars that comprise the structure of this clean, rich, golden beer. We can brew complex beers with the best of them, but we recognize that there’s also beauty in simplicity." (source).
- North Peak Dubious Black Chocolate Stout, $1.79/12oz - "North Peak Dubious is a Dark Chocolate Stout that has the perfect combination of chocolate, roast and black malts resulting in a smooth rich beer. Judicious use of hops bring out a complex, yet subtle bittering finished off with a big Goldings nose. This swirl of aroma, flavor and body is underscored by the rich chocolate that is added at the end of the boil. This medium bodied beer is brewed in Traverse City, MI, on Old Mission Peninsula incorporating locally grown hops" (source).
- North Peak HooDoo Wet Hop IPA, $2.79/12oz - "North Peak Hoodoo Midwest Wet Hop IPA is the first of it’s kind. Brewed with fresh from the farm Michigan hops for exceptional flavor. Hoodoo is hops from start to finish with a little malt in the middle, just enough to keep Hoodoo from going Voodoo on you. not to worry - pretty much nothing but hops" (source).
- Victory Harvest Ale, $2.59/12oz - "Three hop varieties have added tremendous zest to this Pale Ale. After a soft and full floral nose, those juicy hops saturate the middle of this amber ale with more flowery fullness. The malt body punctuates the lingering hop richness of this one-of-a-kind ale" (source).
- Victory Vital IPA, $1.79/12oz - "The IPA style can be a powerhouse of flavors and impressions. But what is vital to you? What commands your taste and attention? We packed our Vital IPA full of fresh, crisp and fruity notes driven by whole flower American hops and robust German malts. You’ll find it bright, delightfully aromatic and complex, leaving you with dry, spicy satisfaction. Taste Victory in these flavors Vital to your senses" (source).
- Victory Saison Du Buff, $2.59/12oz - "In June of 2003, armed with a manifesto on freedom and flavor in beer, Sam (Dogfish Head), Greg (Stone) and Bill hosted a highly unsuccessful retail sampling in Boston. Undaunted, they vowed to prove that they were indeed Brewers United for the Freedom of Flavor (BUFF). With the unlikely help of fresh parsley, lemon thyme, sage and rosemary, they proved it in this refreshing saison recipe" (source).
- Southern Tier 2xMass, $1.99/12oz - "Double spiced ale brewed in the tradition of Swedish Glögg" (source).
- Abita Bad Mother Shucker, $4.69/22oz - "Deep in the oyster beds of Louisiana surfaces one Bad Mother Shucker - Abita's Oyster Stout. Brewed with pale, caramel, roasted and chocolate malts, this Mother Shucker is hopped up with Willamette hops and balanced out with the sweet and full flavors of oats. Fresh Louisiana Oysters are added to the boil in the final stages, infusing a slight taste of sea salt that offsets the sharpness of the stout" (source).
- Oddside Merry Elf, $1.99/12oz - "Dark ale with candi sugar and orange peel" (source).
- Left Hand Fade to Black Vol 1, $2.09/12oz - "That time of year when the day seems to fade away. Drifting further into the darkness with each passing day. Volume 1 – Foreign Stout – Pours black with licorice, espresso bean, molasses, and black cardamom notes that give way to a feeling of self loathing, burnt opportunities and smoked relationships" (source).
- Short's Black Cherry, $2.69/12oz - "Black Cherry Porter is made using local Northern Michigan sweet black cherries and eight different malts. The combination of ingredients provides the deep radiant flavor profile and creates a dark opaque color. The beer leaves a slight purple lace from the fruit puree and finishes with flavors of roasted chocolate and pleasurable black cherry" (source).
- Ommegang Lovely Deep and Dark, $2.89/12oz - "Deep with roasty aromas, coffee with cream and chocolate notes. Ommegang house yeast imparts light fruit and spice character" (source).
- Vander Mill Nunica Pine, $2.99/16oz - "Opposites attract in this limited release seasonal specialty. Our Hard Apple cider provides a base of unmatched fruit and acidity, while Columbus hops unveil an earthy bitterness no other cider can match. Gluten free" (source).
- B. Nectar Devil's Juice, $8.19/375ml - "So many dare to speak of me, run with me, to dance with me, advocate for me..Where are those who dare to drink with me? I am B. Nektar and I am here to do B. Nektar's work. To tempt the world and spread the sin of the B. It is but a small sacrifice to uncork this bottle and indulge in it's succulent pineapple and honey sweetness. Savor the smoke of hell as that jalapeno, serrano, habanero and ghost peppers delicately sear your tongue. The initiation begins" (source).
- Epic Big Bad Baptist Imperial Stout, $12.09/22oz (1 per) - "One Big Bad Imperial Stout with Cocoa nibs and Coffee beans. Each season's release uses a different dark roasted coffee" (source).
Video of the Week | M-22
In the mood for a road trip this weekend?
Check out all M-22 has to offer.