|A Siciliano's exclusive —|
See below for details!
I’d like to remind everyone that our annual homebrew and winemaking Customer Appreciation Sale is currently in full swing and will continue through the close of business on Sunday, September 20.
If you're already a homebrewer or winemaker, you're going to want to take advantage of the 15% discount on most equipment and supplies and check out the items on the deeply discounted list. If you're thinking about taking the plunge into these life-enriching hobbies, now's the time to do it as the beer and winemaking equipment kits are both heavily discounted.
Don't forget that we will be offering free German wieners, sauerkraut and draft root beer to all our great customers on Saturday, September 19. In the meantime, check out this week’s list of the new and returning beers that we have managed to squeeze onto the shelves of our still jam-packed store.
New and Returning Beer
- Exclusive to Siciliano's: Rockford Little George, $15.99/750ml - "Imperial or “double” IPA’s are intensely hoppy strong pale ales. The intention of this style is to showcase as much hop character as possible by keeping the body light and dry, allowing a balance of hop bitterness with the higher alcohol content. Brewed with a significant amount of Simcoe Hops for our hop head friends" (source).
- Exclusive to Siciliano's: Rockford Country Ale, $15.99/750ml - "A hybrid of beer styles inspired from the ideas of a French Biere de Garde and a Belgian Saison. It has a beautiful copper colored body with orange hues under a dense creamy white head. It’s pleasant, toasty malt forward profile balances nicely with fruity esters of pear and apricot before finishing with herbal and fresh cut hay-like notes. Rockford Country Ale is crisp, rustic and always unfiltered" (source).
- Crankers Cheery'O Dark Cherry Wheat Ale, $1.99/12oz - "A light clean crisp wheat ale with an organic cherry finish" (source).
- Shorts Ermagerdness, $1.99/12oz - "Ermagerdness is a light bodied golden colored American India Pale Ale with zesty tangerine and pineapple aromatics. A simplified malt bill, along with some signature American hops, allows for an awesome burst of tropical fruit flavors up front. It then shifts toward an interesting herbal tasting bitterness, which builds and lingers on the back of the palate" (source).
- White Birch Blueberry Berliner Weisse, $1.99/12oz - "Napoleon’s troops referred to Berliner Weisse as the “Champagne of the North” due to its lively and elegant character. Today this style is described by some as the most refreshing beer in the world. Our Blueberry Berliner Weisse is fermented with a great blueberry puree. This New England approach brings a refreshing blueberry flavor and aroma to a German classic. We feel our approach creates an authentic interpretation of the traditional “mit syrup” or with syrup method of serving this classic summer refresher. We hope you enjoy this unique year round beer" (source).
- White Birch Raspberry Berliner Weisse, $1.99/12oz - "Our Raspberry Berliner Weisse is fermented with a great raspberry puree. This approach brings a refreshing raspberry flavor and aroma to a German classic. We feel our approach creates an authentic interpretation of the traditional “mit syrup” or with syrup method of serving this classic summer refresher. We hope you enjoy this unique year round beer" (source).
- Perrin Gold, $1.59/12oz - "A crisp, refreshing, and always sessionable ale with a hint of bee hive sweetness and a light, clean, malt character. Urban Dictionary defines sessionable as: "the characteristic of an alcoholic drink which is suitable for a lengthy drinking session". Perrin Gold rocks 2 row barley, wheat and German Noble, Magnum and Hallertau hops" (source).
- Perrin Black, $1.69/12oz - "A sessionable, malty and evenly balanced Lager with hints of coffee, chocolate and a hint of a fall campfire" (source).
- Perrin 98 Problems, $1.89/12oz - "A serendipitous balance of North American and European specialty malts, paired with a lavish selection of West Coast hops; giving an intense, one - two punch to the uvula. Now with Amarillos! This beer is good for drinking" (source).
- Bell's 30th Anniversary, $3.09/12oz - "Flavors of dark chocolate and fruit meld to create a full-bodied, roasty stout. A fair amount of Polaris hops lend a brightness and a nice character that will help carry the beer in its early stages making it incredibly drinkable and interesting. Malt characteristics will continue to develop over time, so that beer drinkers who choose to cellar it can enjoy the beer for years to come" (source).
- Bell's Two Hearted, $21.49/12pk cans - "India Pale Ale style well suited for Hemingway-esque trips to the Upper Peninsula. American malts and enormous hop additions give this beer a crisp finish and incredible floral hop aroma" (source).
- Founder's Spectra Trifecta, $1.79/12oz - "Brewed in the traditional Kolsch style, which requires fermenting ale yeast at a colder temperature and gives the beer a clean finish without fruity yeast esters. This bright, golden beer is brewed with a trifecta of natural ingredients: earthy, floral and slightly sweet chamomile; a touch of citrusy lemongrass; and a hint of spicy fresh ginger. At 5.9% ABV and 20 IBUs, it’s delightfully refreshing" (source).
- Ommegang Rosetta, $1.79/12oz - "A 5.6 percent ABV Belgian-style ale “aged on cherries with other natural flavor added" (source).
- Weyebacher D'Tango Unchained, $15.09/750ml - "D’Tango Unchained is a Belgian-Style Dark Ale brewed with cherries (AKA Tango), which we then aged in oak barrels with Brettanomyces. The result is a 9.6% ABV deep amber brew with ruby highlights. Aroma has subtle hints of banana, along with tart cherry, soft vanilla and oak. Not overly sweet, tasting yields a nice, tart cherry and lingering malty flavors that finish dry" (source).
- Anderson Valley Pinchy Jeek, $10.79/22oz - "Malt beverage brewed with pumpkin and spices and aged in Wild Turkey bourbon barrels" (source).
- Victory Moonglow, $2.59/12oz - "This richly flavored, dark amber wheat beer features fruity and spicy aromas galore. Significant strength underlies the pleasant citric appeal of this bock beer. Brewed with over 50% malted wheat, this is a traditional Bavarian weizenbock. Full of the flavors of harvest fruit, this is the perfect Autumnal elixir" (source).
Video of the Week | Perrin in Cans
Perrin 12-oz cans now available at Siciliano's.