We are pleased to announce that the 2014 edition of the Siciliano’s Beer & Wine Making Customer Appreciation Sale will begin on Monday, September 8, and continue through the close of business on Sunday, September 14.
Our annual customer appreciation week sale is a great time for beer and wine making hobbyists to stock up on supplies and upgrade equipment. For those who have been considering taking up these life-enriching hobbies, this is the perfect time to do so.
During the week-long sale, most equipment, supplies and ingredients will be 15% off the retail price. Items that are already discounted—carboys, 50/55 lb. bags of grain, Blichmann Engineering products—will not be eligible for additional discounts nor will the 15% be combined with other existing discounts (like club discounts). We will honor the discount that is greater. Equipment and supplies on the following list are discounted deeper than 15%:
- WORT AERATION SYSTEM: Regular $25.39, Sale $19.99
- BEER EQUIPMENT KIT/GLASS: Regular $105.00, Sale $85.00
- WINEMAKING EQUIPMENT KIT/GLASS: Regular $95.00, Sale $79.00
- BREWERS BEAST EQUIPMENT KIT/GLASS: Regular $135.00, Sale $120.00
- KEGGING SYSTEM/NEW KEG: Regular $289.00, Sale $231.00
- KEGGING SYSTEM/RECONDITIONED KEG: Regular $239.00, Sale $189.00
- ESCALI TASO DIGITAL SCALE: Regular $39.95, Sale $32.00
- BUEN VINO MINI-JET FILTER: Regular $199.00, Sale $169.00
- 50 FT. IMMERSION COPPER WORT CHILLER: Regular $123.00, Sale $97.00
- 25 FT. IMMERSION COPPER WORT CHILLER: Regular $63.00, Sale $56.00
- DIGITAL REFRIGERATION THERMOSTAT: Regular $115.49, Sale $78.00
- ANALOG REFRIGERATION THERMOSTAT: Regular $75.00, Sale $57.00
- MASH/LAUTER TUN: Regular $125.00, Sale $100.00
- 30 QT. STAINLESS STEEL BREW POT: Regular $77.89, Sale $61.00
- 42 QT. STAINLESS STEEL BREW POT: Regular $89.00, Sale $71.00
- 60 QT. STAINLESS STEEL BREWPOT: Regular $118.99, Sale $93.00
- ITALIAN FLOOR CORKER: Regular $143.00, Sale $109.00
- PORTUGUESE FLOOR CORKER: Regular $64.00, Sale $50.00
- MILWAUKEE PH METER: Regular $80.00, Sale $64.00
- REFRACTOMETER: Regular $49.00, Sale $39.00
New and Returning Beer
- Ayinger Oktoberfest, $3.89/500ml - "Ayinger Oktober Fest Märzen has a deep golden color tinted with amber. It is lightly sweet with a malty nose balanced with floral hops. Its medium to big body and alcohol is not overpowering. The soft dryness comes from long maturation" (source).
- Sierra Nevada Flipside Red IPA, $1.69/12oz - "Flipside Red IPA is a rebuttal to the mild-mannered beers of summer. Tropical fruit and citrus hop flavors from the use of whole-cone Citra, Simcoe and Centennial hops are the perfect notes for this in-between season" (source).
- Sierra Nevada Beer Camp West Coast Double IPA, $5.69/22oz - "At 8.5% alcohol-by-volume, a light malt body and dry finish complement West Coast Double IPA’s bold hop profile" (source).
- Oskar Blues Nitro Old Chub, $2.69/16oz - "Old Chub is a Scottish style ale brewed with copious amounts of crystal and chocolate malts, and a dash of beechwood-smoked malts. While Dale's Pale Ale ('the best-tasting canned beer I've ever had,' according to many brewers and beer experts) is a showcase of both hops and pale malts, Old Chub is a celebration of malts. The cola-colored beer features a dense, tawny head, a creamy mouthful and flavors of caramel, chocolate and lightly roasted malt. Complex and rich, it finishes with a whisper of smokiness that calls to mind a fine single malt scotch. Old Chub weighs in at 8 % alcohol by volume" (source).
- Atwater Blueberry Cobbler, $2.89/12oz - "Blueberry Cobbler is deceptively complex outing that features bready malts the dryness of fermented blueberries, light vanilla and blueberry aromatics. Strong, yet the flavors play well together" (source).
- Buffalo Bills Pumpkin Ale, $1.69/12oz - "An amber style ale, originally brewed by George Washington, brewed with fresh roasted pumpkins, malted barley. Cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg are added. Bottled form is brewed under contract by Portland Brewing Co." (source).
- B. Nektar Zombies Take Manhattan, $17.09/500ml (1 bottle/person) - "Imperial Zombie Killer. Apple honey wine with cherries added, aged in rye whiskey barrels" (source).
Mittenbrew Podcast: Jacob & Sarah Derylo
Beer City siblings Jacob and Sarah Derylo talked recently with MittenBrew's
Pat Evans about—what else?—beer and family. Enjoy the show.