This week, we're going to get right to it and let the beer do the talking—always a good idea, in our experience.
Enjoy New Beer Friday everyone, and have a great weekend. Here's the list of the latest beers to arrive at Siciliano's.
New and Returning Beer
- Angry Orchard Elderflower, $1.59/12oz - "This cider has tropical notes from the elderflower balanced by a fresh, bright, fruity flavor reminiscent of lychee, pears, and citrus. This flower compliments the crisp apple flavor resulting in a balanced sweetness that brings the fruit and flower together" (source).
- Epic Brewing Santa Cruz, $7.19/12oz - "An Epic interpretation of the recent American trend of brewing Black IPAs, our Santa Cruz Brown is a true hybrid. Inspired by our brewer Kyle’s desire to have it all" (source).
- Southern Tier Hop Sun, $1.69/12oz - "Pour Hop Sun Summer Wheat Beer into a pint glass, give it a long whiff and you’ll realize that this isn’t your average wheat beer. Filtered to a golden clarity and dry-hopped to perfection, Hop Sun is a fantastic session ale in which flavors of wheat, barley and hops co-mingle to a refreshing and zesty conclusion. Hints of lemon and sweet malts waft to the fore as a touch of bitterness contributes to Hop Sun’s bright finish. Enjoy Hop Sun all summer long as a perfect balance to your outdoor recreation. Summer never tasted so good" (source).
- Big Sky Pygmy Owl Itty Bitty IPA, $1.69/12oz - "Pygmy Owl is an IPA with full fledged hop taste and aroma, yet is remarkably low in alcohol. In fact, it clocks in at only 4.2% ABV. An IPA with full flavor, but without the harsh bitterness. And the best part, you can have more than one without getting that drunkied up feeling" (source).
- Atwater Hop-A-Peel, $1.79/12oz - Ale brewed with orange peel.
- Schofferhofer Grapefruit Hefeweizen, $1.69/12oz - "Schofferhofer grapefruit is a unique combination of sparkling wheat beer and refreshing tangy fruit juice. Mix of 50% Schofferhofer wheat beer and 50% grapefruit juice" (source).
- Oddside Hells Yes, $1.99/12oz - "A Munich helles lager" (source).
- Shorts Hop Stash, $1.99/12oz - "American India Pale Ale dominated by citrus flavors and aromas. Focusing on hop varieties that offer the most fruity and floral characteristics with the addition of grapefruit concentrate" (source).
- Saugatuck Darker Than Your Soul, $2.59/12oz - "Dark and roasty with hints of dark-pitted fruit and chocolate" (source).
- Vivant North French Biere de Garde, $3.59/12oz - "A resurrection of Bière de Garde from days gone by; this ale is composed of 100% French malt and Fermented with our house Bière de Garde strain. This ale is malt-forward with our signature Vivant yeast character" (source).
- Aecht Marzen Rauchbiere, $5.09/500ml (returning) - "Bamberg’s speciality, a dark, bottom fermented smokebeer, brewed with Original Schlenkerla Smokemalt from the Schlenkerla maltings and tapped according to old tradition directly from the gravity-fed oakwood cask in the historical brewery tavern" (source).
- Aecht Urbock Rauchbeer, $5.09/500ml (returning) - "A smoked bock beer for Bamberg’s strong beer season (October through December). Matured for months in ancient rock-cellars underneath Bamberg and tapped freshly from the oakwood cask. Similar to, but much bigger than the classic Maerzen style" (source).
Video of the Week | Beer Camp Across America
Well, this looks interesting.