Rather than wax poetical on the state of craft beer in Beer City, USA, I thought this week we'd kick off New Beer Friday with a joke:
Enjoy the hell out of this week's new arrivals!
New (and Returning) Beer
- Avery Nineteen, $8.19/22oz - "In excited anticipation of 20 years and the new brewery, we concocted this very traditional, yeast driven, dry and fruity Tripel" (source).
- Epic Hop Syndrome Lager, $4.29/22oz - "A deliciously hoppy lager, this clean, spicy, yet fruity addition to the Exponential series is sure to quench your summer palate just right" (source).
- Epic Straight Up Saison $8.19/22oz - "Brewed with barley, oats and wheat, this hazy yellow offering’s silky texture is offset by its high level of carbonation. More spice complexity and malt sweetness refresh the tongue as the wheat and yeast work together to finish dry and slightly sour" (source).
- Ringwood Old Thumper, $1.89/12oz - "A non-traditional English bitter, brewed in the US solely by Shipyard" (source).
- Epic Wit Beer $5.09/22oz - "Classic Belgian Wit Beer to be released as soon as the Feds get us some approval! Classic in the sense that it is based on old world-style brewing found in breweries scattered throughout the Belgian countryside but Epic in the spices used and full, yet completely refreshing it drinks. Slightly higher in alcohol content than traditional Wits (5.9%), ours is traditionally brewed, using wheat, oats, authentic Belgian yeast, malts and just a sprinkle of hops. Classic spices include coriander, sweet and bitter orange peel and grains of paradise. Perfect for beating the summer heat" (source).
- Abita Satsuma Harvest Wit $1.69/12oz - "Brewed with pilsner, wheat malts and oats. It is made with real Louisiana satsumas and spiced with coriander and orange peel. This unfiltered brew has a slightly cloudy appearance with a subtle citrus flavor and aroma" (sources).
- Abita Purple Haze Cans $1.69/12oz & $19.59/12 pack - "A crisp, American style wheat beer with fresh raspberries added during secondary fermentation. Subtle coloration, fruity aroma and tartly sweet taste" (source).
- Pyramid Curve Ball $1.59/12oz - "A deliciously drinkable golden summer seasonal, Curve Ball quenches the deepest of thirsts with its crisp, clean flavor. This cold lagered ale is the perfect accompaniment to summer’s memorable moments, whatever they may be" (source).
Picture of the Week
|Dune overlook, Sleeping Bear Dunes|
*Find more beer-related jokes by clicking here.