I’d like to remind everyone that our annual homebrew and winemaking Customer Appreciation Sale is currently in full swing and will continue through the close of business on Sunday, September 11.
If you're already a homebrewer or winemaker, you're going to want to take advantage of the 15% discount on most equipment and supplies. You'll also want to check out the items on the deeply discounted list (see below). If you've been thinking about taking the plunge into these life-enriching hobbies, now's the time to do it as the beer and winemaking equipment kits are both heavily discounted.
Don't forget that we will be offering free German wieners, sauerkraut and draft root beer to all our great customers on Saturday, September 10. See you then.
Deep Discount List
- BEER EQUIPMENT KIT/GLASS: Regular $105.00, Sale $75.00
- WINEMAKING EQUIPMENT KIT/GLASS: Regular $95.00, Sale $79.00
- BREWERS BEAST EQUIPMENT KIT/GLASS: Regular $135.00, Sale $95.00
- KEGGING SYSTEM/NEW KEG: Regular $289.00, Sale $225.00
- KEGGING SYSTEM/RECONDITIONED KEG: Regular $239.00, Sale $180.00
- ANALOG REFRIGERATION THERMOSTAT: Regular $75.00, Sale $65.00
- DIGITAL REFRIGERATION THERMOSTAT: Regular $115.49, Sale $89.00
- MASH/LAUTER TUN: Regular $125.00, Sale $100.00
- ITALIAN FLOOR CORKER: Regular $142.00, Sale $109.00
- PORTUGUESE FLOOR CORKER: Regular $63.00, Sale $50.00
- CHAMPAGNE FLOOR CORKER: Regular $152.00, Sale $119.00
- MILWAUKEE PH METER: Regular $85.00, Sale $64.00
- BAYOU BURNER: Regular, $127.99, Sale $99.00
- BARLEY CRUSHER, 7LB HOPPER: Regular $169.00, Sale $139.00
- BARLEY CRUSHER, 15LB HOPPER: Regular $189.00, Sale $159.00
- FAST FERMENT CONICAL FERMENTER: Regular $110.00, Sale $89.00
- AERATION SYSTEM: Regular $25.39, Sale $18.00
- MINI JET WINE FILTER: Regular $199.00, Sale $169.00
New and Returning Beer
- Brewery Vivant Paris, $12.09/500ml - "Saison aged in red wine barrels for one year with brettanomyces" (source).
- Perrin Amber Saison Sour, $13.19/22oz - "We brewed an Amber Saison and then put it into fresh oak barrels and aged if for over a year. Each barrel was inoculated upon filling by adding a handful of fresh apple pressing that were fermenting with wild yeast that covered the apples. Each barrel soured and developed its own unique flavor and a truly wild blend was created" (source).
- Perrin Apricot Sour, $13.19/22oz - "This light crisp wheat ale was aged for 9 months in fresh oak barrels and soured with lactobacillus and brettanomyces. Apricot fruit was added to match the crisp lactic acid and fruity esters creating a uniquely drinkable fruit sour" (source).
- Stone Still Unapologetic, $8.99/22oz - "We definitely do not have any misgivings about revisiting our instantly memorable 2014 collaboration with Heretic Brewing Company and Beachwood Brewing. In the 2016 rebirth of this double IPA, we’ve dialed back the dankness and upped the hop intensity with a new mélange of hops (Idaho 7, Azacca and Motueka). Just like the original, its tropical fruit character, spiciness and classic American resiny, piney hop flavor hit a sweet spot in the name of all that is good, delicious, hoppy and forward-thinking" (source).
- North Peak Mellow, $1.89/12oz - "Mellow packs a pleasant sweet flavor and aroma from the malt and fruit, combined with a gentle tartness from the cherries and hibiscus flowers. The balanced combination makes this big beer a ‘mellow’ drink for any time of the year" (source).
- Saugatuck Neapolitan Milk Stout, $2.29/12oz - "A perfect blend of classic dry stout character with brilliant flavors of Neapolitan Ice Cream. Experience the nostalgic flavors of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry all in one glass – because sometimes ice cream just isn’t enough" (source).
- Arbor Violin Monster, $2.39/12oz - "A geographical approach to the werewolf legends results in the identification of a major werewolf area stretching from mid-Germany into the Netherlands and Belgium. With this in mind, we have created a strong, dark, spiced using ingredients from those regions. Brewed with Midnight Wheat, warming spices, and a hint of brown sugar, the Violin Monster is black as night and packs a punch at 9.5%" (source).
- Pike 51 Fancy & Dumb, $12.89/22oz - "Brewer Jeff got together with Mitch from Speciation back in May to brew this Honey Saison. They fermented it directly in red wine barrels that already contained our house saison funk, with the addition of some of Speciation's house culture. After fermentation, we dry hopped it generously with Mosaic and a touch of Simcoe hops. The result is light, slightly tart and beautifully funky, with just a kiss of juicy hops" (source).
- Prairie Weisse, $2.99/12oz - "Prairie Weisse is a berliner weisse style beer that is light, refreshing, and lemony-sour. It finishes with a touch of malt to help balance out the flavor" (source).
Video of the Week | USA Today
Guess what city tops USA Today's list of best U.S. beer scenes.