|Sarah with Journey Jug|
Today we're helping Fusionary introduce a twist on the original Journey Jug concept — Journey Jug stickers. With these new stickers any growler can become a Journey Jug, complete with its own history of fill-ups, brewery visits, get-togethers, hand-offs (i.e., passing from one friend to another) or any other beer event you care to document. All it takes is applying two small stickers to your favorite growler — one a tracking number, the other a security code — and the journey can begin.
To mark the occasion, Siciliano's Market is giving away one FREE set of Journey Jug sticker to the first 10 people who stop in and ask for one. While the freebie stickers are available on a first-come first-serve basis, a few more will be available for purchase once the free ones are gone ($3.99/sticker). If you happen to miss out entirely, keep in mind the stickers will always be available on the Journey Jug website, where it just so happens the original Journey Jug is also for sale. Happy travels, everyone! #JourneyJug
|Look for Journey Jug stickers at Siciliano's Market|
New and Returning Beer
- Rockford Brewing Unholy Belgian Tripel, $15.99/750ml (Siciliano's Exclusive) - "Our interpretation of a classic Belgian style ale, originally popularized by the Trappist monastery at Westmalle. Unholy is defined by an elegant malt profile with elements of orange blossom, vanilla and traces of clove. Expect a delicately layered body with a smooth finish. This annually brewed fall release is an unholy union of angelic complexity and a sinful dose of alcohol" (source).
- Great Lakes Christmas Ale, $2.39/12oz - "A Yuletide’s worth of holiday spices and sweet honey to keep you a-wassailing all season long" (source).
- Big Lake Ryecoe IPA, $2.89/16oz - "Our signature rye IPA. This beer is brewed with over 25% rye malt, and complimented with a huge dose of Simcoe hops. Spicy Rye, and grapefruit have never gotten along so well" (source).
- Big Lake Dark Star Stout, $2.89/16oz - "A full bodied stout measuring in at just over 8%. This creation is brewed using both Kona and Sumatra coffee then aged on cacao nibs" (source).
- Big Lake Leroy Brown, $2.89/16oz - "Don’t let the name fool you, it’s not that mean. This is our northern English Brown ale. Four caramel malts, and chocolate create this clean easy drinking masterpiece" (source).
- Big Lake Ramarillo, $2.89/16oz - "Our Rye IPA recipe using Amarillo hops. Slick rye notes, and plenty of flowery citrus notes from the best hops available on the market" (source).
- Big Lake Citra Wheat, $2.89/16oz - "Mid Western Wheat malt, mixed with juicy Citra Hops. These ingredients meld together to create a light bodied, easy drinking wheat beer with a hop profile all of its own" (source).
- Greenbush Remnant of Dragons, $3.49/12oz - "Imperial red IPA" (source).
- Alpine Brewing Duet, $8.19/22oz (2 per) - "Our original single IPA made with Simcoe and Amarillo hops in harmony" (source).
- Alpine Brewing Nelson, $8.99/22oz (2 per) - "An outstanding hop from New Zealand, Nelson Sauvin, is generously used throughout the brewing and dry-hopping of this unique beer. European rye is added for a smooth, malty addition to flavor" (source).
- Alpine Brewing Hoppy Birthday, $8.19/22oz (2 per) - "Hoppy Birthday is a Session IPA" (source).
- Atwater Shaman Porter, $2.99/12oz - "A Porter traditionally brewed in the baltic region. We use the finest ingredients including Munich, Chocolate, and Black Malts along with German Hops to create the smoothest Porter you have ever tasted. Shaman's Porter will thwart any tricksters or evil spirits" (source).
- Atwater Christmas Ale, $2.19/12oz - "A German holiday treat similar to gingerbread" (source).
- Vandermill Besieged, $14.89/22oz - "A medley of delicious Michigan apples & local wildflower honey make up the precious liquid which is then carefully aged in Revolution Brewing Straight Jacket barrels producing the final result, victory in liquid form! A cyser bursting with ripe apple flavor & malt-like sweetness with a warm, spiced finish from it’s months spent in glorious wood" (source).
- Alaskan Winter Ale, $1.59/12oz - "Brewed in the style of an English Olde Ale, this ale balances the sweet heady aroma of spruce tips with the clean crisp finish of noble hops. Its malty richness is complemented by the warming sensation of alcohol" (source).
- Bell's Christmas, $1.89/12oz - "The basic inspiration for Bell's Christmas Ale was to create a sessionable holiday beer, using locally grown malt, which would stand apart from the array of spiced winter warmers that are typically introduced this time of year. In contrast to many other seasonals, Christmas Ale doesn't contain any spices: all of the dry, toasted notes & subtle toffee flavors come from the 100% Michigan-grown barley, custom malted by Briess Malting, while a blend of hops from Michigan & the Pacific Northwest lend earthy, herbal aromas. At 5.5% ABV, it stands as a smooth, highly drinkable beer intended to complement holiday menus, not overshadow them" (source).
- Bell's Winter White, $1.79/12oz - "Taking its cues from Belgian-style white ales, Bell's Winter White Ale offers a lighter yet abundantly flavorful alternative to the traditional heavy winter warmers. Fermented with a Belgian ale yeast, this blend of barley & wheat malts yields a mixture of clove and fruity aromas, all without the use of any spices. Deliberately brewed to retain a cloudy appearance, Bell's Winter White Ale is a beer for embracing winter" (source).
- Bell's Java Stout, $2.79/12oz - "The satisfying elements of both stout and coffee come together in this full-bodied treat. A marriage of Sumatra's best with rich chocolate and roasted malt provides for a truly enlightening beer" (source).
- New Holland Hopivore, $2.59/12oz - "Michigan-grown hops are the story in this seasonal harvest ale. Hopivore is wet-hopped, with hops added to the brew just hours after harvest, creating rare, fresh flavors" (source).
- North Peak Blitzen, $1.89/12oz - "North Peak Blitzen is a Festivus Ale with raisin, current and berry notes attributed to Bramling Cross hops, 3 types of Crystal malts, Cara and Chocolate malt. A combination of citrus peel and citrus pith flavors are accented by the Hercules, Cascade and Pilgrim hops added throughout the boil. Riwakas’ subtle spiciness in combination with the crisp spiciness from the Rye malt liberates flavors reminiscent of savory holiday cakes. This is a well balanced, rich, Festivus Ale that will warm the palate and soul, awakening memories of holidays past. It is brewed in Traverse City, MI, on Old Mission Peninsula incorporating locally grown hops" (source).
- Sierra Nevada Estate Harvest Ale, $8.69/750ml (1 per) - "From the sun-drenched fields of California’s North Valley comes our Estate Ale. It’s rich with the flavors of the valley—hops with earthy, grapefruit-like flavors and layered spicy aromas, and barley with mild sweetness and smooth, toasted flavors. Enjoy this remarkable homegrown ale, made with organic wet hops and barley grown at our brewery in Chico, and one of the few estate-made ales produced anywhere in the world. Together, these crops grow alongside the brewery to make a truly unique brew" (source).
- Stone Double Bastard, $9.49/22oz - "This is a lacerative muther of a beer. The evil big brother of Arrogant Bastard Ale. It is strongly suggested you stay far, far away from this beer. Those foolish enough to venture close enough to taste will experience a punishingly unforgiving assault on the palate" (source).
Video of the Week | Founders
What does Founders mean to you?