|The Chudy Boys: Band of Brewers|
I know that many of you homebrewers harbor aspirations of someday turning pro but have you ever dreamed that you could possibly leverage your passion for your hobby into a role on a TV series?
Yesterday I received a call from Aimee Dirkson from Part2 Pictures, a documentary film and television company based in New York City that is developing a series about homebrewing. Ms. Dirkson, a producer, informed me that her company is in the process of looking for homebrewers to cast in the show.
Folks, this is not a joke! I repeat, this is not a joke!
Wouldn’t it be great if this series was to feature some of our local homebrewers?
The following is the company’s formal casting notice.
SEEKING AMATEUR BREWERS FOR NEW TV SERIES
A major cable network and Part2 Pictures, an award-winning documentary film and television company based in New York City have teamed up to develop a quality TV show about the fun, competitive world of amateur beer brewing.
We are currently casting people who represent the wide-range of folks making beer – especially those of you who are very active members of a brew club or beer brewing group. We’d love to speak with you to learn more about the where’s, how’s and why’s of brewing beer.
WE ARE SEEKING:
- Amateur brewers who participate in competitions (or will be entering their first competition)
- Members of a social brewers club who brew together
- Colleagues or friends who are part of a brew team
- Siblings or a whole family of brewers
- We will also consider individual brewers not part of a cohesive group
- Brewers with a “friendly rivalry” – or who have someone they’ve been dying to outbrew
- We are open to people who have been doing this for many years or just starting out, or amateurs who have the dream of going pro
- We are interested in people who just LOVE beer
- Big personalities and huge passion for making beer a must!
- Name, email and phone number
- A recent photo of yourself and your “brewmates”
- Where you live
- Why you love making beer
- How long you’ve been brewing beer
- Describe your group (or indicate if you brew and compete on your own)
- Your local brew club (if applicable)
- Details of the competition circuit (how many competitions you participate in, when you will be next competing, etc.)
- Describe the type of beer(s) you make and why you think it’s the best!
- Why you’d love to participate in a show about beer brewers
Part2 Pictures is a reputable television company that has produced a variety of high-quality documentary programming for OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network, National Geographic, the Discovery Channel, PBS, The History Channel and other major broadcasters. We are committed to telling great stories about people, their take on a world and how they operate within it. Thank you! (email@example.com)
New and Returning Beer
- Black Rocks Barbaric Yawp, $8.29/22oz - Please see the video below for a description of this beer.
- Short's Superfluid, $1.99/12oz (2 bottles/person) - "An American Double IPA with a large, but basic malt bill, that explodes with a perfume of resiny hop aromas. 177 IBUs" (source).
- Lagunitas Undercover Investigation Shutdown Ale, $1.99/12oz (2 bottles/person) - "We brewed this especially bitter ale in dedication to all the world’s would-be astronauts, in remembrance of the 2005 St. Patrick’s Day Massacre on the Brewery Party Grounds and also in joyous celebration of our 20-day suspension that following January. Do the crime. Do the time. Get the bragging rights" (source).
- Fort Collins Chocolate Stout, $2.09/12oz - "Chocolate malt and roasted barley provide the dark color and fully body of chocolate stout. Toasty accents and a hoppy dryness add to this smooth brew. An old time favorite you’ll remember" (source).
- Avery The Maharaja Imperial IPA, $8.19/22oz (1 bottle/person) - "Maharaja is derived from the sanskrit words mahat, - "great" and rajan - "king". Much like its namesake, this imperial IPA is regal, intense and mighty. With hops and malts as his servants, he rules both with a heavy hand. The Maharaja flaunts his authority over a deranged amount of hops: tangy, vibrant and pungent along with an insane amount of malted barley - fashioning a dark amber hue and exquisite malt essence. This newest Avery Dictator completes the "Dictator Series" joining the likes of The Kaiser & The Czar. Be aware that The Maharaja is a limited release only available for the summer" (source).
- Shiner Ruby RedBird, $1.59/12oz - "Shiner Ruby Redbird is brewed with genuine Texas Rio Red Grapefruit, the signature sweet citrus of the Rio Grande Valley, and ginger. This lager beer features grapefruit tartness and finishes with a ’lil kick of ginger. With Texas Ruby Red Grapefruit and Ginger, Shiner Ruby Redbird is a crisp and refreshing summer beer" (source).
- Smutty Nose Summer Weizen, $1.69/12oz - "Light, tasty & full of character, our summer wheat ale is brewed with a combination of domestic and continental wheat and barley malts, lightly hopped & fermented with a Belgian wit yeast, resulting in a delightfully tangy & refreshing flavor. This beer is brewed for warm weather enjoyment. Bring some to your next picnic, barbeque or Frisbee game" (source).