|Still life with Luke|
By Chris Siciliano
Our apologies for a third straight abbreviated NBF preamble. Truth is, sometimes you just have to let the beer do the talking.
Please enjoy this week's list of new beers along with this photo of Luke. Both the list and Luke are compliments of the Siciliano's, just because we like you.
New and Returning Beer
- B. Nektar Dwarf Invasion, $8.19/500ml - "This mead is the Non-Imperial version of our Imperial Funky Monky. A smaller mead, but big on flavor. Tart Balaton cherries, honey, and Styrian Golding hops" (source).
- Rogue Beard Beer, $7.39/22oz - "Beer brewed with yeast taken from the brewmaster John Maier’s beard" (source). Seriously.
- Atwater Blueberry Cobbler, $2.89/12oz - "Blueberry Cobbler is deceptively complex outing that features bready malts the dryness of fermented blueberries, light vanilla and blueberry aromatics. Strong, yet the flavors play well together" (source).
- North Peak Hoodoo Midwest Wet Hop IPA, $2.89/12oz - "North Peak Hoodoo Midwest Wet Hop IPA is the first of it’s kind. Brewed with fresh from the farm Michigan hops for exceptional flavor. Hoodoo is hops from start to finish with a little malt in the middle, just enough to keep Hoodoo from going Voodoo on you. not to worry - pretty much nothing but hops" (source).
- Dark Horse 4 Elf Winter Warmer, $2.09/12oz - "A spiced winter warmer brewed with nutmeg, clove, allspice and other holiday flavors" (source).
- Goose Island Harvest, $1.69/12oz - "Our latest creation is brewed in the style of a traditional American Extra Special Bitter (ESB). As Summertime fades, the sun shines less bright, and evening comes a little sooner. Harvest time arrives – it’s a time to reap the benefits of a great Summer. Fresh picked cascade hops from Washington and the richest Midwestern malts makes Goose Island Harvest Ale an extra special beer worthy of your devotion" (source).
- Arbor Espresso Love Breakfast Love, $2.29/12oz - "Oatmeal and 20 pounds of fresh roasted coffee from the Ugly Mug Cafe contribute to a mildly chalky espresso character balanced by a rich, sweet, creamy maltiness. Coffee finish dissolves into chocolate with a slight roasty bitterness" (source).
- Thirsty Dog Raildog Smoked Black Lager, $1.99/12oz - "Rail Dog was made for the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad's 40th anniversary. It's a crisp, clean lager with plenty of smoke character" (source).
- Warsteiner Oktoberfest, $1.49/12oz - "A truly German import brewed according to the German Purity Law, as are all Warsteiner beers, in limited quantities especially for Oktoberfest celebrations. This special edition has a well-balanced, mild and smooth taste with a uniquely soft, hoppy aftertaste and 5.9% alcohol. So bring a bit of Germany with you to your next Oktoberfest celebration and bring a Warsteiner Edition Oktoberfest" (source).
- Southern Tier Pumking, $7.89/22oz (limit 1 bottle/person) - Pumking is an ode to Púca, a creature of Celtic folklore, who is both feared and respected by those who believe in it. Púca is said to waylay travelers throughout the night, tossing them on its back, and providing them the ride of their lives, from which they return forever changed. Brewed in the spirit of All Hallows Eve, a time of the year when spirits can make contact with the physical world and when magic is most potent. Pour Pumking into a goblet and allow it’s alluring spirit to overflow. As spicy aromas present themselves, let it’s deep copper color entrance you as your journey into this mystical brew has just begun. As the first drops touch your tongue a magical spell will bewitch your taste buds making it difficult to escape the Pumking" (source).
Event of the Week | Detroit Fall Beer Fest
|Is anybody going to this?|